Welcome to the first blog entry written by myself, Tamara the new marketing manager here at Nimlok.
I have only been here a couple of weeks now but I am getting into the swing of things and coming up with some new and exciting ideas for Nimlok’s marketing for 2011-2012.
We have already started thinking about Christmas here in the office- with plans well underway for our Christmas marketing campaigns. But it really hit home how close Christmas is when the first mince pies of the year appeared in the office today courtesy of the customer service team. Despite the fact I don’t like mince pies I realised that there is only 88 days until Christmas!!!
It is funny how we start thinking about the main events of the year in advance- like Christmas we get prepared, make our lists, check them twice and then the big day arrives. Then the clear up commences and post event thank you cards go out.
And funnily enough that’s exactly the kind of planning we encourage at Nimlok when you are thinking about your events.
It might still be months away until your event but it’s always best to get prepared. Just like Christmas shopping- you don’t want to make life difficult for yourself by thinking about everything the week before, then have a mad dash to make sure you get everything right.
So why not get organised with your exhibition stands:
- Set yourself some objectives (What do you want to achieve?)
- Timescales (When are your deadlines?)
- Budgets (How much are you happy to spend in order to get a realistic return on your investment?)
- Space (How much space do you have at the event?)
- What ideas do you have and do they meet your brand guidelines (Think about your stand and graphics parameters)
- Onsite Services (Do you need any services on site such as Audio, visual etc?)
- Transport and logistics ( How will you and your stand get to the event? Don’t forget accommodation too)
- Staffing levels and training (Make sure your team are aware of any dates and your requirements of them on the day)
- Pre and Post Show promotions (Make sure your current and potential customers know your attending- they need to plan their diaries too)
- Evaluation (Think about how you are going to evaluate- what will be a successful event to you?)
- On-stand data capture (How are you going to collate all those leads on your stand?)
- Follow up procedure for leads (Have a plan of how you are going to approach your leads post event)
So fingers crossed your event planning (and Christmas organisation) goes well. Obviously here at Nimlok we have the expertise to help you through every step of your event plan so give us a call (and I am pretty good at Christmas shopping too!)
Contact us on 0800 11 14001 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to speak to us about how we can help