Exhibitions are a major source of new business for many companies, so wowing prospects and existing customers is critical. As well as making a great impression with your exhibition stand, your stand staff should enjoy themselves! Here are a few tips on reducing anxiety:
- Anticipate technical difficulties. If you’re using or demonstrating equipment allow enough time for troubleshooting – and have a back-up plan!
- Don’t sit down on your exhibition stand and wait for visitors, approach them and engage in conversation.
- Use engagement tools and interactive media to encourage visitors on to your stand. Games and surveys are a great way to engage and capture visitor data that can also be used for personalised post show follow up.
- Avoid eating and drinking on your stand, it makes the stand less inviting. Instead provide staggered scheduled breaks for staff to get a bite to eat away from the stand.
- Cushion the floor. Selling all day is hard enough without standing on carpeted concrete.
- Have fun – an upbeat stand stops more people!