Exhibiting advice, hints and tips
Successful exhibition marketing requires more than just a great exhibition stand: it needs a compelling exhibiting campaign. This requires lots of strategic planning to take advantage of every sales and marketing opportunity before, during and after the exhibition. To help you make the most of exhibiting, our advice, hints and tips offer ideas and guidance to ensure you have a successful show.
- More than a two day show
- Best practice
- Engaging your visitor
- Pre-event marketing
- Interactive media for your exhibition stand
- Hierarchy of graphic communication in the exhibition environment
- Audio/visual content for your exhibition stand
- The four steps to exhibition success
- International exhibiting
- Getting the most from exhibiting
- Seven deadly exhibiting sins and how to avoid them
- How to keep staff motivated throughout the show
- Benefiting from a regular exhibiting workout
- Trash or treasure
- The magic of using booklets for tradeshow giveaways
- Ten secrets of super successful exhibition managers
- Getting a green light from upper management
- At your service
- Exhibition stand survey results infographic
- Social media targets for your next exhibition
Exhibiting planning tips
Lay the groundwork, organise your show logistics, and focus on the purpose and positioning of your marketing efforts.
- Is this show where you want to be?
- Understand your objectives
- Write an exhibition plan, follow it closely and set deadlines
- What are you going to exhibit?
- Prepare a budget
- Pick your stand space carefully – part 1
- Pick your stand space carefully – part 2
- Read the exhibitor manual
- Design your exhibition stand
- Understanding different types of shows
- Identifying the right show
- Who is your target market?
- Create a welcoming atmosphere
- Grab attention with graphics
Exhibiting promotion tips
Develop promotional opportunities to attract business and communicate a consistent message in line with your image in the marketplace.
- Develop your message or theme – part 1
- Develop your message or theme – part 2
- Promote your exhibition stand
- Develop a high impact promotional programme
- Developing an exhibition promotional programme – part 1
- Developing an exhibition promotional programme – part 2
- Developing an exhibition promotional programme – part 3
- Using direct mail for your exhibition promotion
- Ideas to help differentiate your direct mail campaign
- Create a memorable message
- Understand what your target audience is looking for
- Integrate brand awareness
- Give your products life
Exhibiting people skill tips
Develop skills in your people that are critical to their effectiveness and overall success.
- Choose the right people
- Listen more than talk
- Dress for the occasion
- Like actors on a stage
- Prepare your show staff – part 1
- Prepare your show staff – part 2
- Prepare your show staff – part 3
- Keeping staff motivated – part 1
- Keeping staff motivated – part 2
- Keeping staff motivated – part 3
- Dealing with the enemy!
- Essentials of exhibition selling
- Four stages of exhibit selling – stage 1
- Four stages of exhibit selling – stage 2
- Four stages of exhibit selling – stage 3
Exhibiting productivity tips
Set up appropriate after-show follow-up to ensure productive results and benchmarks to evaluate and diagnose your efforts.
- Make a great impression and enjoy yourself!
- Use a ranking system to classify your leads
- Re-evaluate your goals and objectives
- Track and Follow-up
- De-brief the team and evaluate the show
- Measure your results against your goals
- Quantifiable objectives are the best
- Don’t forget post-show promotions!
- Prove that your tradeshow participation contributes to the bottom line
- Evaluate every show
- After show PR
- Managing your ROI
- Have stand visitors provide post-show feedback
- Analyse your weakest links