Listen more than talk
The staff you select for your stand must be good listeners. Remember that the best sales people don’t always make the best stand staffers! Business surveys suggest that most sales people talk too much and that sales people are more interested in talking about their products and/or services than listening to the visitor’s requirements and challenges.
Here are six listening habits that turn visitors off:
- Doing all the talking
- Interrupting when another person is talking
- Not looking at the person who is talking
- Playing with something in your hands or jangling coins in your pocket
- Not changing your expression so visitors don’t know if you understand them
- Being too serious and never smiling
Make sure your team listens more than talks!