Who is Your Target Market?
A critical element of your tradeshow marketing is knowing which of the following groups are most interested in your products or services:
- Present customers or clients: These are people you are already doing business with but want to continue nurturing the relationship.
- Technical personnel: These people are interested in the technical aspects of your products/services.
- Manufacturers: These people produce and may well benefit from what you have to offer.
- Specifiers: These people instruct others to use specific products/ services to produce another product. For example, an interior designer might specify using a specific brand of carpeting for a project.
- Suppliers: These people might provide you with products/services.
- Consumers: These people use the products/services you sell.
- Influencers: These people sway others to buy and are often sent to shows to research whats new in the industry.
- Consultants: These people advise others about specific products/ services.
Definitely take time to think through the group or groups you want to target because doing so will help direct your marketing promotional efforts.