Preserving the environment
Historically our sector has not been the most environmentally friendly. Remember the days of exhibition stand build and burn? Well our fundamental business model has always been different. We make exhibition stands that are reusable. We base every design and build on the fundamental philosophy of reusability and sustainability, working hard to lessen both our own and our clients’ environmental impact.
Re-using and recycling modular stand elements
We’re able to do this due to the modular nature of our exhibition stands. Like the biggest construction kit you’ve evimporer seen, the majority of our components can be reused and reconfigured. This is not only positive for the environment but is beneficial for our clients. It means we can reconfigure their existing exhibition stand to accommodate different floor spaces, configurations and ceiling heights, or to any new branding requirements. Exhibition stands can be scaled down for smaller events or built up for larger requirements using additional hire options.
Our environmental initiatives and accreditations include:
- Manufacture using 95% recyclable material
- Responsible recycling of any unwanted exhibition and display equipment as part of the clients’ original purchase contract
- Recycling of all paper, cardboard, and aluminium
- Reduction of harmful compounds in graphic production/print, such as use of non-solvent based inks
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) compliance. As is usual in a B2B supply chain, responsibility for safe disposal of electrical and electronic equipment can be transferred to Nimlok’s clients. However Nimlok commits to arranging for the safe disposal or recycling of any lights or electronic equipment supplied by Nimlok and returned to Nimlok by clients in a non-contaminated condition
- ISO14001 We were the first exhibition company in the world to achieve ISO 14001 a global accreditation designed to rigorously drive improvement of an organisation’s environmental impact. ISO 14001 specifies the actual requirements for an environmental management system for which the organisation has control and over which it can be expected to have an influence. It enables the setting of objectives and applies independent auditing to measure performance against these goals
- ISO20121 is the British Standard developed specifically for the exhibition and events sector to help the industry operate in a more sustainable manner. We comply with this standard as we can identify and understand the effects that our activities have on the environment, on society and on the wider economy and have put measures in place to minimise any negative effects. This ensures a balanced approach to our economic activity, environmental responsibility and social responsibility within the sector. View Nimlok’s Sustainability Scope and Policy