March 29, 2012 | Gemma Russo
We will be patiently waiting this evening as the announcement arrives as to whether Stephen Silvester a member of our Nimlok exhibition stand design Is announced as the winner of his category (best designer) at this year’s Exhibition news award.
Stephen has designed many stylish exhibition displays for the last five years and has always kept his customers objectives in mind, waiting for the ultimate in exhibition stand design.
As many marketers know choosing an exhibition stand design can be one of your biggest decisions- with many customers starting the process several months before a show date.
It’s certainly worth considering a few things before you buy:
– Is your potential supplier reputable- what is their history and reputation?
– Can they show you examples of other designs they have created?
– Do they offer any other sub services like audio visual hire, creative interactive media or furniture hire for example?
– Will their design by easy to transport and assemble?
– What are the on-going costs of reconfiguring or potentially storing your stand?
– Could your design be hired rather than bought?
Budget will often dicate what size or type of stand you can offer but its always worth considering the return on investment of your stand. it can portray your company in a particular light and bring in fantastic new business.
A few tips from our designers are:
– Your exhibition display should represent who you are and say what you do with an instant glance
– Always get a professional to help you with your design- theirs nothing worse than a bodged job design especially when you spend so much on your stand space
– Help your designer get your design right first time by writing objectives and a clear brief
– Make sure your stand offers movement- it attracts visitors J
– Make sure you recognize the effects that colour has on either attracting or putting off visitors
– Make sure you get your dimensions right- there’s nothing worse than turning up and your display not fitting
– Usual visuals rather than text to keep it punchy
– Use your height- some organisers will allow you to build high (but always make sure you check with the event organizer)
– Think about what else you may need on your stand- furniture, storage, lighting, a counter?
Our exhibition stand design team are always on hand to help and we are always confident that they provide the very best in design and hopefully by tomorrow Stephen can add another award to his cabinet!