Privacy & Cookies Policy
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you in order to provide you with the goods and services you request and to administer our relationship with you.
Nimlok Portable, a limited company registered in England (company number:6903584) Address: Nimlok House, 45 Booth Drive, Park Farm, Wellingborough, NN8 6NL, UK.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We will use your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) rulings with effect from 25th May 2018 and any other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.
Who is the data controller in respect of your personal information?
As described below, we may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information.
What information do we collect?
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our website and surveys filled out via surveymonkey.com.
- This includes information provided by you by entering any competition or promotion sponsored by us. This information could include your name, address, contact details, information about your event marketing intentions.
- When you place order(s) for goods or services (whether through our website or otherwise), we collect and store personal information to process and fulfil your order(s), including your delivery address – your payment details will be used immediately, we will not store your payment card details.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us, including through our website.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including recordings of telephone calls (these will only be stored for up to 30 days, these are recorded for training purposed only) and instant messaging applications.
- Information about your preferences in connection with our Website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on our Website.
- Details of your visits to our Website and how you use our Website; this may involve the collection of, among other things, traffic data, location data (including the country and city where your computer or device is located), purchase history and details of the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- Information that you provide to us by using our Website, including any images that you upload and publish to our Website (to the extent these include personal information).
- In your use of our Website we may also collect technical information such as details of the device that you use.
- We will also collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; for example, we will use your payment card details and delivery address to process and fulfil your order(s);
- to provide, enhance and personalise your experience on our Website;
- to manage and administer any other arrangements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates);
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
- at or following any purchase or order you make, we may carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity; for example, we may undertake verification checks to identify any discrepancies with your payment details;
- to carry out market research; for example, we may contact you (including by email) to obtain your feedback on our products and services, and we may use details of your purchases to understand market trends and to identify popular products;
- to help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer, including our Website; for example, calls to our customer services team may be monitored and/or recorded for quality control and training purposes. We also monitor details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data and page views for business and data analysis. We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about products, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you where we have obtained implied consent (for example, if you have ordered something from us or made an enquiry) or you have signed up to receive marketing messages. You can opt out of email communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button, contacting the team via a contact form or giving us a call.
The section below entitled What choices do I have explains how you can change whether to receive this information from us via different communication channels.
Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any orders you submit or products you purchase.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates)), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties as described below.
Nimlok Portable are part of the worldwide P3 Group of exhibition stand supplier businesses. We may share your personal information with other members of the P3 Group in connection with the purposes above and those listed below. Members of the P3 group may also use the personal information we share with them to improve their websites and other Website, for analysis purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information. For example, we may engage third party service providers to fulfil orders, carry out surveys and installations, deliver packages, send postal mail and email, maintain and update our databases of customer details (including the removal of repetitive information), analyse data, to help us develop, provide and improve our Website, provide marketing assistance, process card payments and provide customer service. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use the information we receive from third parties to supplement, improve and add to our databases of customer details.
- We may share limited information that we hold about you (for example, your email address) with third parties that also hold your information or have an existing online relationship with you in order to identify you as our customer and to enable us (or third parties on our behalf) to provide you with relevant Nimlok Portable marketing online. For instance, we may share your information with social networking sites so that they can identify you as a Nimlok Portable customer and can tailor the Nimlok Portable marketing you receive via their sites and products.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates)); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our Website, sales and traffic patterns with members of the P3 Group and other parties.
How long will we store your information?
- We hold onto your information for as long as you contact and use Nimlok Portable, or as long as is needed for us to be able to provide the relevant goods or services to you.
- As standard, our general retention policy is to retain information for up to 50 months.
- In some circumstances, such as to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may hold onto your personal information after we’ve finished providing services to you, or for longer than our general retention policy.
Where will your personal information be processed?
In relation to the above uses of your personal information and the above sharing arrangements, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) which will conform to the requirements of GDPR.
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive to enable our systems to recognize your browser and help us to track visitors to our Website and Website so we can better understand what portions of the Website and Website best serve you. It may not be possible to place orders and purchase goods and services using the Website or Website unless you have cookies turned on and we suggest that you leave them turned on for this purpose.
Our cookies enable us to provide features such as the ability to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
To find out more about the types of cookies we use on the Website, how we use them and how you can change your cookies settings, please read our Cookies policy below.
However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies set on a Website may impact the functionality or performance of the Website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through the Website. It will also affect our ability to update the Website to cater for user preferences and improve performance.
The following categories of cookie are currently used by us:
Use on the Website
Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the use of the features and services on the Website.If you block these cookies we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through the Website or be sure how the Website will perform during your visit.
We use these cookies to: Remember products added to your shopping basketRemember selections or information you have entered when you navigate to different pages during your session on the Website. Identify you as being logged in to the Website
Performance cookies collect information about how the Website is used so that we can improve the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
We use these cookies to:Monitor and provide statistics on how the Website is used Help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur See how effective adverts on the Website are and try to ensure they are as relevant as possible Provide feedback to our affiliates, and third parties we have allowed to link to the Website, regarding users accessing their sites. This information may be used by those third parties to improve their sites or services Test the Website’s design and operability
Functional cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make such as your user name, log in details or language preferences, and any customisations you make to pages on the Website during your visit.If you block these cookies certain features and services may be affected and we cannot be sure how the Website will perform during your visit.
We use these cookies to:Show you when you’re logged in to the Website Provide individual services, such as watching a video or commenting Share information with partners to provide a service on the Website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose
These cookies are used to enhance your experience of the Website and the internet. Among other things, they collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising and marketing more relevant to you and your interests.This information is linked to site functionality provided by other websites, and may be shared with other organisations (such as advertising networks).More information about online behavioural advertising and online privacy can be found at www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
We use these cookies to:Provide advertising agencies, advertising networks and other third parties with information on your visit and browsing habits so that they can present you (and other potential customers) with adverts that you (or they) may be interested in (including with respect to adverts displayed on other websites) Limit the number of times you see an advert Help measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns and to identify where we should focus our campaigns. We may share the information we obtain from cookies with third parties for this purpose Track the distribution of electronic content (such as documents and images) we make available on our Website or otherwise distribute (including our marketing communications), including the identity of the individuals who view and forward that content Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to serve you with targeted advertising on other websites Follow-up with you in the event that you partially complete an order for products or registration on the Website
Please note that such third party websites and applications are not under our control. When you click through to these websites or access these applications you leave the area controlled by us. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any issues arising in connection with the third party’s use of your data (including your personal information).
Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our Website. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your user session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet café.
What choices do I have?
You may change your marketing preferences at any time by writing to Nimlok Portable Ltd, 45 Booth Drive, Wellingborough, NN8 6NL,United Kingdom or by using the Contact Us enquiry form on our Website.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails messages we send you.
You may choose to opt out of your customer purchasing data being used for profiling purposes by contacting us.
Access to your personal information
GDPR gives you the right to access your personal information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently not exceeding £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
How to contact us
- online via the Contact Us enquiry form
- by telephone on 0808 149 5971
This Policy was last updated on 22/05/2018.